3/27/09

Twitter Poll: If you could have dinner with any Met...

I'm trying a new thing out here on the blog. I've fully embraced Twitter, and I'm going to be occasionally throwing out some questions or polls about the Mets on Twitter, and posting the responses here.

Last night, I asked my Twitter followers: If you could have dinner with any Met, past or present, who would it be and why? Here are the answers...
  • letsgoduke said: keith. He's the funniest.
  • metschick said: D-Wright because I'm bad
  • kierankelly said: Lenny Dykstra, because he was better as a Phillie. :-) haha (ed. note: He's a Phillies fan!)
  • mets_geekette said: Pelf. He's a goof-ball.
  • ProctorsArm said: Carlos Delgado so I could teach him a thing or two about patriotism. (ed. note: He's a Yankees fan!)
  • cselland said: Keith Hernandez - no one else even close. Just a brilliant guy - and he was there for the fun parts
  • JD1877 said: Todd Hundley. Always wanted to hear his side of the Bobby V incident, his dad was on the 69 cubs, & he was one of my faves.
  • Retire31 said: Jose Lima or Dae-Sung Koo. Why? Just having a conversation with either of them is going to be hilarious, let alone dinner.
  • charlieryczek said: Gary Carter because he just seems like such a nice personable guy who could talk about anything at anytime
  • MetsGal said: Keith Hernandez. Because he's Keith Hernandez.
It seems Keith Hernandez was the most popular choice, and why not? The man was around for some of the Mets best years, was the leader, the best player and now he's on SNY and he's hilarious and wonderful. I'd pick Hernandez, no doubt.

What about you?
Follow me on Twitter to participate
in the next Twitter Poll!