3/16/09

Why trading Lastings Milledge was and always will be a great move

Here is just one small portion of the interview that Chico Harlan had with Lastings Milledge. You must read the whole Q&A, but this is just...well, read it:

Q: OK, you keep talking about 'your way,' but what does that mean?

LM: You know, there's always a thing where, Oh, rookies have to be here 2-1/2 or three hours before stretch. No. I'm not gonna be here three hours before stretch. If you're here and you get your work in, it shouldn't matter how early you're at the field. You know what you need to do. That's fine. You don't have to be at the park three, four hours before the park if you don't want. You don't see nobody clocking in three or four hours before they have to show up to work. So, I mean, some people feel like they have to get here to read the newspaper or do crossword puzzles or get their mind ready. I feel like I come to the park, I have 45 minutes of stuff I have to do to get prepared for practice and get ready for the game. Five minutes might be watching videos. Fifteen minutes might be going in the cage. And then getting whatever other work I need.

Here is the rest of the Q&A.

The Eddie Kranepool Society puts it perfectly with the headline "THE MORE LASTING MILLEDGE SPEAKS, THE MORE THE METS LOOK SMART FOR DUMPING HIM."

Does anyone still think this was a bad trade?