6/29/09

Twitter Poll: Would you want the Mets to trade, and for whom?

At .500, the Mets are struggling to keep their heads above water.  It begs the question: Do the Mets need to trade?

So, as usual, I took to Twitter and asked my followers if they would want to see a Mets trade, and if so, for whom?

Here are their responses…

kerelcoop said: yes, for Adam Dunn

SundayNightMets said: Totally, I was all for Mark DeRosa but that is dead now. I hope they can grab an Adam Dunn now. They need a bat big time.

nymx5793 said: Yes, but I don't want them to mortgage the future. A guy like Mark Teahen would compliment Reyes and Beltran when they return

dopmmw said: Yes- targets should be Pierre, Wiggy, Peralta, Atkins

NYMetsGrrl94 said: yes, for joe smith. (jk, that would never happen). teahen or dunn.

julierubes said: Yes, not sure who though, and I don't know if it would really make that much of a difference.

BlackMagic718 said: Yes, Adam Dunn please!

DMXBRAND said: Mark tehan would be good

metstweets said: I do not want the Mets to make a trade -- unless they fall 10+ games back, in which case, sell.

ClareLafferty said: for anyone who can hit, hit, hit!!!!

MetsTalk_JT said: I wanted DeRosa, but apparently Omar and the rest of CitiField doesn't...could use the 13Hr and 50RBI..both would lead club

mikexdavis said: Carlos Lee: Hou.'s fading, and he's easier to get (prospect-wise) than Holliday because of his big contract (til 2012, $56M).

mikexdavis continues: Also, he's a righty who hits for avg. AND power, and has never committed more than 6 errors in a season, so could play LF ok.

And the jokesters…

dtmfr said: Mets should get Mark DeRosa from CLE for... wait, he was already traded?? Damn you, Omar!!

dances_w_vowels said: I'll trade Omar Minaya for Frank Cashen. #mets

metstweets said: RT @dances_w_vowels: I'll trade Omar Minaya for Frank Cashen.

patrickboegel said: They all lay eggs, Juan Samuel RT @dances_w_vowels: I'll trade Omar Minaya for Frank Cashen.

Not on Twitter?  Hit the comments to throw in your two cents a possible trade.

Follow me on Twitter (@TheRopolitans) to
participate in the next Twitter Poll!