8/20/09

Twitter Poll: Will you still go to Citi Field in 2009?

In an column in the New York Post, Mike Vaccaro writes, in reference to fans still going out to Citi Field, “The remarkable part, in just about every way, is that you may be sabotaging yourselves, and your baseball team, and that part of you that so fiercely  believes that but for the dark cloud permanently hovering above Flushing Bay this could all have been different this year. And will be different next year.”

So I asked my Twitter followers if they will still go out to Citi Field this year.  Here are some responses…

ToneRome1 said: I will go if the tickets are free and beer is at least half price

DonCheech said: Yes.. because I enjoy going to games and i still have tickets for a few moreCiti Field

gmo418 said: Sure, September 6th Krod Bobble head day. Other than that, nope

Gscott1847 said: No because all I have is a Triple A team that reminds me more of the Durham Bulls than a professional baseball team!

benbarbato said: Probably not, unless someone buys for me. Not worth shelling out the $ in hopes they'll have a rare good day.

daICJs said: I'd go cuz I love baseball; but can I get in for free?

harrycalat said: Yep, cuz lots $5-$25 tix in the 400/500s avail on StubHub, plus I still support Johan/Pelf/Murph/Krod & I guess Ollie too.

Mets411Blog said: For the stadium, yes. For the games, no.

maggie162 said: Of course I'm going. Baseball is baseball and the Mets are my team. Plus, with all the whiners gone, the lines will be short

metschick28 said: yes i will. i have tickets i like Citi Field and the wins are still fun. i was there tuesday night and it was alot of fun

dtmfr said: i'll still be going! Have about 7 games left, and until hockey season starts, what other entertainment is there?

dtmfr continued: one other thing - you go for love of the game!

tfc3rid said: I have to, I have Full Season Tickets

TheRealSoxy said: Yes. Because that is where the Mets play and I am a Mets fan.

cutiepie0319k said: yea because i already paid too much money for season tickets not to use them and i'm still a fan regardless.

kdoster said: if I could go to Citi I would still go... This whole Cincinnati thing kinda gets in the way...

rhythmdev9 said: if i was in the tri-sate i'd be there once a week. headed to CHI next weekend, its still baseball and its still my mets

keithmace said: have tickets for sunday but even if I can't sell em not going, don't wanna waste $ @ the field to watch them play

sweetcarolynne said: Yeah I will be going in a couple of weeks! No Rain Please!