10/9/09

Go-Go Gomez feels sorry for the Mets

In no way, shape or form would I ever undo the Mets trade of Johan Santana.  Two surgeries or no surgeries, Santana has meant more to the fans of the Mets than Carlos Gomez (and those three other guys) ever will.

But, it was quite sad to watch Go-Go Gomez slide across home plate on Saturday night, propelling the Minnesota Twins into the playoffs.  Especially while Santana sits at home resting and recuperating.

The Daily News caught up with Gomez, who had this to say about his former teammates…

"I am sorry for the Mets," said Gomez. "I am hurt too. I spent five or six years with the Mets, and I see how they collapse. When your friends hurt, you hurt too. That's baseball, you can do nothing about it.

"Johan has done a good job. They traded Johan for me, he does a good job there and I think I do a good job here."

I always liked Gomez as a emotional player, sort of the poor-mans Jose Reyes.

Anyways, go Twins, go Rockies, go Cardinals and go Angels.  Go-Go Gomez.