11/19/09

Phrases I hate during hot stove season

Here is a list of phrases I find are overused and stupid during this insane season of hot stove baseball

  • Rumor
  • Interested in
  • Could
  • Look at
  • Anonymous sources
  • Major-league sources
  • Insider(s)
  • Pursue
  • Possible
  • Likely
  • Unlikely

Example: According to my anonymous major-league sources, INSERT TEAM NAME could be interested in INSERT PLAYER NAMEInsiders say it’s possible TEAM NAME could look at pursuing PLAYER NAME as a possible addition to their team.  It’s not known if he is likely to be available for a decent price, but it’s unlikely he gives any team a bargain.  Right now, it’s just a rumor.

I apologize in advance if I use these in any major way in any posts from here on out.  I try not to rumor-monger, but sometimes I lapse into some bad blogging judgment.