11/21/09

Sources: Keith Hernandez returning to SNY

Keith Hernandez will return to the SNY booth next season. Keith Hernandez returning to SNY

According to sources who wished to remain anonymous, one very high up in the SNY brass, Hernandez and SNY agreed on a new three-year contract very recently and it should be announced in the coming weeks.

Hernandez’s previous deal ended at the end of the 2009 season, and even had him on air saying, “I've enjoyed the four years and, hopefully, I'm in the middle of negotiating my new contract, hopefully, I'll be back (next season).”

Hernandez will reunite with play-by-play man Gary Cohen and his fellow analyst Ron Darling in calling games for SNY.

I’m sure Mets fans will be thrilled to have Hernandez back in the booth next year and beyond. He’s an absolute character with great insight into the mind of a player. And you just never know what he’s going to say next.

Glad you’ll be back, Keith!