11/8/09

Twitter Poll: Do you regret buying a certain player’s jersey?

When the Mets traded for J.J. Putz last off-season, a lot of people hurried out to the store to purchase a new shirt for No. 22.

Not even a full year later, it’s likely that Putz is done as a member of the Mets.

So I asked my Twitter followers if they regret buying a certain player’s jersey.  Here are some responses…

PaulsRandomStuf said: I own a Mo Vaughn Mets t-shirt. Do I really have to explain the reason for the regret? ;-)

fallacyofromeJH said: Kaz matsui....for obvious reasons

IvanCTorres said: kaz matsui! bought it right before his first year with the Mets

PessimisticMet said: my roberto alomar jersey is looking real nice right about now.

BigVin57 said: i bought Roberto Alomar and Mo Vaughn shirts. waste of money

benbarbato said: I bought a Ryan Church T-Shirt last year. Loved Church, felt he never got the chance to be what he could've been.

ambilevous said: two words. Alay Soler.

BlueAndOrange said: YUP totally bought a Hidalgo shirt.. thought he was gonna be around longer than a day.

MaryL1973 said: Yes, Paul Lo Duca because he was not the person I thought.

That’s quite a “team” we could field from these jerseys. 

Putz on the mound, Lo Duca behind the plate, Vaughn at first, Alomar at second, Matsui at shortstop, Hidalgo and Church in the OF.