11/2/09

Twitter Poll: Holliday or Bay (or neither)?

I took to Twitter to ask that very question.

Which outfielder would Mets fans most want to see patrolling the grass in Citi Field next year (or, if they thought the team would be better off without them, why?).

Here are some responses…

saffir_99 said: Hmm.. Holliday, he could hit and is a better defender than Bay. I still think Minaya makes a huge offer to Johnny Damon.

mattclausen said: i'd love Holliday, but how likely is he to punch balls out of Citi?

jessespector said: I think both would be a nightmare in left field, especially with a question of Beltran's legs. One bat won't fix Mets.

swirlywand said: Bay!

charlieryczek said: Bay. Wouldn't cost as much as Holliday.

cutiepie0319k said: Holliday!

jdemayoNYBD said: please Holliday..

djeffreys said: If it had to be JUST one guy, I'd rather Lackey than either. But out of those two I'd definitely say Holliday

csball2000 said: Neither. I'd rather spend on pitching, pitching and more pitching

The overwhelming majority of fans (and outsiders) would rather see Holliday.  Interesting.

How about you?