11/13/09

Twitter Poll: Who is the most exciting prospect?

I took to Twitter to ask my followers which prospect excites them the most.

Here are some responses…

mattclausen said: Thole....guady BA numbers, smart hitter....will play perfectly in Citi

pattigibbons said: Ike Davis. He shows well-rounded promise as an infielder and as a hitter.

trmbonemulligan said: Ike Davis without a doubt. Maybe its just the hype but I feel like he could be another Delgado

kramtelak said: The prospect that nets the Mets Halladay.

I’m frightened by the point trmbonemulligan brings up.  Is Davis just hype?  Obviously, it’s too early to tell and we’ll only find out when he starts playing more and at a higher level.

I truly hope Davis isn’t just another product of the hype machine.  I’ve already penciled him into the lineup in the coming years.

Does that mean I’ve bought into the hype?