8/5/10

A tale of two outcomes

Driving in the car last night, with the Mets up 2-1, I started thinking about what would happen if the Mets eventually won the game.

Five and a half out. Two of three from the Braves. Lots of time left in the season.

But alas, as the game moved along, the Mets dashed all hopes of that. Awful play – as we saw with the four miserable errors – seemed to put the nail in the coffin for the season. Yeah, lots of time is left, but with the way this team is currently operating it’s seems all hope is lost.

Ya gotta believe? Well, only if there’s something to believe in. And right now, there isn’t.

I’m not the only Debbie-Downer in the room – by far – but it’s rare for me to get down about my team like this.

I can’t be the only one that feels this way. Who else is totally bummed about this team?