6/27/08

Early Morning Madness: Subway edition

Is everyone sick of the Subway Series by now? I still find it somewhat interesting, the game that is, but the media attention to it is sickening. I know people still want to read about it, hear about it, and watch (about) it, but it's talked about ad nauseum as if it's some magical event that will bring peace and happiness to New York. In reality, it's just another reason Yankee fans and Mets fans yell and scream and fight. Thanks, MLB, for not letting me love my fellow New Yorker.
** * **
Ryan Church seemed to like A-ball, where he is now hitting 1.000 on the season. As noted last night, Church went 3-3, with a double, RBI, and run scored. Can Mets equipment master Charlie Samuels outfit Church with a John Olerud-esque helmet for the field? Maybe add some extra padding or just duct tape a pillow around his head. It might not be very aerodynamic, but whatever works.
** * **
I'm writing this post a mere 5 minutes before I get dressed and walk downstairs to get everything in order for my commute to work. Bottle of water, granola bar, book, ID badge, so on and so forth. Even though I have a Post-It note on my keys, I can almost guarantee you that I forget to grab my AM radio so I can listen to the first game on the ride home. I'll forget it, and when I'm getting on the train, smack myself in the forehead with the palm of my hand and yell "Should have had a V8!" or "Doh! AM RADIO!" Either of those. I can't predict which, but it will definitely be one of those. I'll update you once I get on a computer again. Update: I remembered the radio. Don't ask me how, but I did.