6/27/08

Some people aren't exactly thrilled for this Subway Series

From Peter Abraham's Yankees blog:
Then we had a rainout, the doubleheader was scheduled and now I have to race out of LaGuardia to get to Yankee Stadium then fight traffic going back to Queens. In all, this will be about a 19-hour day from wake-up call to getting home.

But the good news is I get to go to Shea Stadium to see Sidney Ponson pitch. Print and save this post for the next time you think, “I’d love to be a sportswriter.” It’s generally a great job and I should not complain. But unless Marissa Miller is covering the game for Sports Illustrated and has the seat next to me in the press box, it’s not going to be a five-star day.
Ouch. Today should be fun for all...if you're not a sportwriter that is.

I must admit I enjoy the Subway Series and I can't wait. This is a huge series for the Mets, especially because the Phillies are absolutely tanking these past weeks.

The Mets need to win. Simple as that.