8/22/08

Wiffle ball: The greatest sport ever

Here's a snippet of one of my posts from Union:

I’d like to start off by making sure everyone understands that it is spelled “W-i-f-f-l-e,” not “whiffle.” Wiffle is the official name, the yellow bat and white ball, the greatest sport ever invented.

I can honestly say, outside of soccer, I think I’ve played Wiffle ball more than any other sport, ever. I’d like to believe I’m a decent pitcher since I can strike out most of my friends on a fairly consistent basis, but there are some people that are miles ahead of me.

Take a look at some of these pitches. The movement on these are absolutely insane.

I was just clocked by some crappy boardwalk radar gun as throwing a real baseball 55 mph (yeah, I know, that sucks). I imagine my wiffle ball moves somewhere in the 30-40 mph range due to it’s weight, but the key is not the speed, but the movement.

My favorite pitch is my “changeup+”. It’s a changeup because...

Read the rest of my post over at Union...