10/20/08

Happy birthday, Keith Hernandez (with rare poster photo)

A salute to the 'stache. The immortal Keith Hernandez turns 55 years young today.

I thought this would be a good time to unveil to the internet world a poster that has been hanging in my room for as long as I remember. This is a poster that was hanging in a video store to promote the release of the World Series championship VHS, "1986 Mets A Year To Remember."

My dad asked the store owner if he could have it when the promotion was over, and he obliged. He had it framed, and hung it in my room to begin me on the path to Mets-fandom when I was born in 1988.So there it is in all it's glory. Keith, with Mookie Wilson, Darryl Strawberry, Gary Carter and some of the 1986 team.

Happy birthday, Keith. The fans loved you on the field, on Seinfeld, and now in the booth on SNY.

Come on, you won the MVP in '79. You can do anything.