10/15/08

Six years for Manny? Pass

My limit was three years, maybe with a team option for a fourth, based on good behavior. No way, now how would I be willing to put up with Manny for six years.

Joel Sherman is reporting, after a long conversation with Manny Ramirez's agent, Scott Boras, that he is seeking a six-year deal.

Too steep. Way too steep.

Manny is undoubtedly one of the best hitters in the game, and he continues to show that every game he plays, but he complained his way out of Boston, a town that loved him, and is only on his best behavior as he plays for a contract. I understand chasing the money, and more power to him, but I think I'd go nuts if I had to watch him lollygag for six years.

Two, maybe three years for Man-Ram. Team options for anything beyond that. Otherwise, you'd be overpaying and setting up for a whining Manny.