3/24/09

K-Rod is a little grumpy

Francisco Rodriguez was back in camp today, and one of the beat writers asked him a fairly harmless question about the four-out save. K-Rod went a little cuckoo.

Here's how it went down, according to Steve Popper:

"Why should you tell me that I'm not ready to get back," K-Rod countered. "I think I put a lot of work into it. I prepared myself really good before every game. So I don't think it's going to take me 10 days or two months to get my energy back. It's going to be right back the next day.

"I don't know what you're honestly trying to tell me or what the point is you're trying to get at. A four-out save is like a three-out save. To me, it's the same. I know people have made a big deal about four-out saves. I want to have the same opportunity here, too. I don't know why it's such a big deal."

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bullpen this morning.