3/30/09

Things I found at Citi Field: Part 1 -- Jeff Wilpon

Here is the first of a series of findings and photographs from my first time in Citi Field...

When I first arrived at Citi Field, we made out way down to the Jackie Robinson Rotunda. Poking my camera through the fence, I started snapping off a few pictures of the place, and trying to take it all in. It's a very cool place and I love atmosphere it gives off.

While my eyes were darting from side to side trying to absorb all that was going on. Something -- rather, someone -- caught my eye.
Oh, hello Jeff Wilpon!
That's right. The COO of the Mets was standing just a few feet away. Strangely, no one on my side of the fence seemed to notice him. I started yelling "Jeff! Jeff!" but to no avail.

Here's another shot of Mr. Wilpon riding the escalator.Well, I found that interesting.