3/30/09

Things I found at Citi Field: Part 2 -- Worst seats in the house

The second in a series of photos and findings from Citi Field...

While wandering the beautiful structure, I made my way to the top of the left field stands. All the way up, at the back of the stadium, I found the worst seats in the house.

Here is the out of town scoreboard (which has it's own problem that will be noted later) that hangs down from the top of the stadium.
It looks nice from this side, but when you get to the seats, there's a bit of an issue. I'm about 5' 7" and when I stand, I could just barely see home plate from behind the scoreboard. Fletch is taller than me, and couldn't see home plate at all.
On top of that, you can't see the left field wall, or most of left field. Anything well hit to left will be quickly out of your sight lines.

For $27 for the Platinum games, you're really not getting your money's worth.